Poison & Other Injested Things

Because of the Westie’s nature to be inquisitive, they sometimes get into things that can be very harmful to them. They love to explore. They are natural-born chewers. So if it fits in their mouth, why not chew it and, of course, why not swallow it.

Dogs are exposed to different types of poisons, inside and outside the house. As soon as you realize that your pet has ingested something, call your vet. It is always much easier for your vet to treat the animal if you can accurately identify what the dog has eaten.

SOME DANGEROUS INDOOR THINGS YOUR WESTIE CAN INGEST ARE:

SOME DANGEROUS OUTDOOR THINGS YOUR WESTIE CAN INGEST ARE:

Puppies will eat ANYTHING!

Make sure that you purchase mulch that is safe for your pets

Book: Dog Friendly Garden

MAKE YOUR WESTIE’S HOME SAFE:

CLEAN UP HAZARDS FOUND IN THE HOUSE

HOME SAFETY LIST

HOLIDAY HAZARDS

Not only are decorations a hazard to your pet but many of the delicious ‘goodies’ you have in your home for holidays can be hazardous to your pet.

THESE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE THINGS THAT CAN CAUSE SEVERE PROBLEMS TO YOUR PET. BECOME AN EDUCATED OWNER. LEARN HOW TO PROTECT YOUR PETS.

Animal Poison Control Center
888-426-4435
There is a consultation fee

 

POISON CONTROL CENTER – CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL OF MICHIGAN

POISONOUS PLANTS

CEDARCIDE

DOGS AND PESTICIDE USE

 

You never know what a Westie might get into!

 

  • Proceeds Help Support Westies
    WHWTCSEM Club Logo Items Westie Proceeds Support
  • See Cafe Press Offerings
  • See some of our Flag Designs (Click on pictures below)